Giselle Garriga Luque entered the National School of Art in 1995, and graduates in 2002 in Piano Performance. In 2013 she performs Postgraduate Studies in German Lieders, given by the German baritone Christopher Jung and the Polish pianist Piotr Oczkowski. In 2015, she graduated from the University of the Arts in Havana, with a Bachelor Degree of Art, and Piano Performance. Garriga has received Master Classes from professors Ulises Hernández (Cuba), Frank Fernández (Cuba), Antonio Carbonell (Cuba), Andrés Alen (Cuba), Víctor Rodríguez (Cuba),Piotr Oczkowski (Poland), Christopher Jung (USA), among others.
• From 1999 to present, she has performed in concerts with prominent artists in the most important music halls of "Ciudad Habana", Santiago de Cuba and Guantánamo, such as: National Theater of Cuba, Amadeo Roldan Auditorium, Alejandro Garcia Caturla Hall, Ernesto Lecuona Hall Gran Teatro de la Habana, Oratorio San Felipe Neri, Lesser Basilica of the Convent of San Francisco de Asís, Sala Dolores, Teatro Guaso, Aula magna of the Autonomous University of Carmen, Campeche Mexico, University Theater, Campeche Ciudad del Carmen, Mexico, Concert Hall, Guanal University Museum of Science and Arts, Campeche, Ciudad del Carmen, Mexico.
• 1993 Participates in the Song Contest of the province of Guanánmo, obtaining a
special performance award, accompanied by the Guantanamo Symphony Orchestra.
• 1996 First Ibero-American competition of music students in the piano specialty, invited
to play in the Opening Concert at the National Theater of Cuba.
• 1996-2006 Participated in the Festival of Young Talent, a Festival that is convened by
the Ministry of Culture, the National Center of Art Schools and the National School of
Art, for outstanding students.
• 1999 Obtained Special Mention, in the Second Ibero-American Competition of Music
Teachers and Students.
• 1997-2004 Pianist of the Youth Symphony Orchestra of Havana, she performs concerts
in the most important halls of the country and participates in festivals and important
events at national and international level.
• 2002 Winner of the National Contest of Art Schools, in Havana.
• 2004 Winner of the 3rd prize in the Ibero-American piano contest.
• 2006 Graduates of Professional Middle Level as Instrumentist-Teacher of Piano and
Joint Practice at the National School of Art, Havana, Cuba.
• 2007-2013 For its academic results and outstanding trajectory as a student, she was
admitted as a professor of the National School of Music, (ENA), Havana, Cuba.
• 2008-2012 She is invited to take part as an accompanying pianist in the Nuevas
Generaciones del Canto Lirico "Voices Nuevas", sponsored by the Oratorio San Felipe
Neri, and the Superior Institute of Art, La Habana, Cuba.
• 2008 She founded the duet of violin and piano "Double Strings" together with the
violinist Gretel Garriga Luque. "Double Strings" dominates a wide repertoire, universal
classical music and Cuban music of all times. From its foundation to participating in
important events and festivals as: Festival of French Music, Festival of Contemporary
Music of Havana, the Eighth Edition of the Baroque September in Havana, the
Competition and Music Festival, sponsored by the Superior Institute Of Art, in the first
week of the Irish culture in Cuba.
• 2010 "Double Strings" is invited by the Autonomous University of Carmen, Mexico to
offer concerts in the Cultural Autumn Festival
• 2011 She is invited by the Cultural Section of the Irish Embassy in Cuba and the "Una
Corda" Project to offer the inaugural concert of the First Week of Irish Culture,
interpreting previously unpublished works by Irish composers.
• 2012-2016 Began to be part of the musical group Arte G, a group that defends the
roots of traditional Cuban music, and at the same time find contemporary sonorities.
In the beginning, she began to play the Marimbula, an emblematic and peculiar
instrument of Cuban Music. In 2013, takes the general direction of the group and
musical direction of the same.
• 2014 Concert with Maestro Waldo Días, Baritone Soloist of the National Lyric Theater
of Cuba, being considered the concert, as his graduation of Accompaniment of the
Superior Institute of Art, Oratorio San Felipe Neri.
• 2015 Recital as soloist, interpreting the preludes of the books 1 and 2 of Claude
Debussy, in the Oratory San Felipe Neri, with the collaboration of the Lyceum
Mozartiano of Havana, being this his recital of Graduation of the University of Art,
• 2016 Guanal University Museum of Sciences and Arts, Campeche Ciudad del Carmen,
invites the Double Strings duo, to offer a concert at the inauguration of the exhibition
Defensive Conduct, under curatorship of the Plastic Artist Alejandro Pérez Falconi.
• 2016 Concerts and workshops offered in different communities of the city of
Campeche, Mexico, rganize by the Honorable Carmen Town Hall, Campeche, Mexico.
• 2017 Concert in Florida International University (FIU) as part of the Conference
“Miguel Failde, beyond the Danzón”.